We like to think that having a little fun with a serious subject can make it feel less daunting, which is why we recently set out on a mission to find the funniest codes that the ICD-10 code set has to offer. The February contest is now closed for submissions, and we are very pleased with how many people shared their funny, crazy, and ridiculous codes with us for this first month’s contest.
Our in-house team of healthcare humor experts has picked the most hilarious codes out of all the submissions – and now it’s up to you to decide who takes home the prize.
You can use the form below, or go straight to the contest page to cast your vote. Voting stays open until Friday, February 28th, and the winner will be announced on March 3rd.
May the funniest ICD-10 code win!
Vote for the funniest ICD-10 Code
- Y93D1 - Stabbed while crocheting (15%)
- V9107XA - Burn due to water-skis on fire (18%)
- W1622 - Fall in (into) bucket of water (18%)
- X05XXXA - Exposure to ignition or melting of nightwear, initial encounter (15%)
- W59.22XD - Struck by a turtle, subsequent encounter (35%)