The 2016 reporting year has come to a close. This time of year is important to Meaningful Use and PQRS Eligible Professionals for two reasons:
- Attestations for 2016 are due by February 28, 2017
- The 2017 MACRA reporting period began on January 1, 2017
When you become a MediTouch user, we not only keep you apprised of what to expect regarding 2016-2017 government compliance programs, but we also make attestation a piece of cake. We recommend that you attest by January 31, 2017 to give your practice ample time to troubleshoot any issues before the February 28, 2017 deadline, and that you familiarize yourself with the Merit-Based Incentive Program (MIPS) ASAP. You can visit the CMS website for information on MACRA or download a recording of one of our webinars.
How Do We Make 2016 Attestations Easy?
- In response to the recent rule change allowing all providers to attest to a 90-day reporting period, we’ve added an additional 90-day enrollment starting on October 1, 2016 for all providers who are set up for a one-year reporting period. CMS prefers to receive information for the calendar year.
- You will have all the necessary material to facilitate attestation by January 15, 2017.
- We provide step-by-step guidance and a Meaningful Use 2016 Overview help page, which contains everything you need to know about registration, tracking in MediTouch, and attestation.
- Easy download links for our Meaningful Use Report Card measures.
- Remember that at the end of the day on December 31, 2016, any provider with a 2016 enrollment was automatically enrolled in 2017 MACRA. In 2017, enrolled providers will automatically be provided with enrollments for each quarter and the entire year. This change will help providers assess which period has the best scores since the incentives are based on performance.
- We will continue to provide updates, education and information regarding MACRA and MIPS, as well as help pages for the new rule.
- Our MACRA module will be released this month.