Meaningful Use EHR Timeline
Find out what you need to do and by when to achieve Meaningful Use 2014.
Meaningful Use will change for all providers beginning on January 1st 2014
Know the difference between the Certified Technology and the Meaningful Use Stage:
- Beginning in 2014, all providers that attest in 2014 and 2015 must use technology that has been certified for 2014. If you attest in 2014 you cannot use a 2011 certified EHR.
- Starting in 2014, providers who have met Stage 1 for two or three years need to meet meaningful use Stage 2 criteria with 2014 certified technology.
- Starting in 2014, providers who have met Stage 1 for less than two years need to meet meaningful use Stage 1 criteria, but they must use technology certified for 2104
MediTouch EHR was certified for 2014 in June 2013, and was among the first five pure ambulatory complete EHRs certified for 2014 and Stage 2 Meaningful Use.
Know when to start Stage 2
Example if your first year of Meaningful Use was 2013
Understand the reporting periods for 2014 and 2015
- To allow providers time to adopt 2014 certified EHR technology and prepare for Stage 2, all participants will have a three-month reporting period in 2014
- In 2015 all providers except first year stage 1 providers will need to report for a full year
The Medicare Incentive Payment Schedule for Eligible Professionals
The Medicare Incentive Payment Schedule for EPs with the Sequestration Reduction
Medicaid EP Incentive Payments Amounts
Maximum incentive payment amount is $63,750. Payments are made over 6 years and do not have to be consecutive.
2016 is the last year that Medicaid EPs can begin participation in the program.