MID-LEVEL SOFTWARE ENGINEER (JAVA)
San Diego, CA
HealthFusion, a profitable, fast growing software company based in Sorrento Valley is looking for a med-level software engineer. If you are looking for a growing company that shares your values of:
Innovation – change the game for us and for our clients around the world
Teamwork – lead and learn from the very best in your field
High Performance – challenge yourself and reap the rewards of delivering results
Opportunity – grow with a thriving company that develops talent
Then keep reading!
In this role, you will be part of a great team of people developing modern web applications in large scale setting. This is a great position for someone that enjoys the challenges of deploying complex web applications in a production environment. Perfect for a self-starter with a passion for problem solving in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist junior engineers with project assignments, providing them guidance, implementation feedback and helping them understand our business domain.
- Assist in Code Reviews, Design Reviews.
- Work with the team in planning, outlining the tasks involved in a project and executing tasks assigned in a timely fashion independently.
- Come up with the most effective engineering solutions to meet business requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues independently in a timely manner.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team in coming up with test plans and procedures.
- Work with cross functional teams(customer service, sales, business owners) to gather requirements, recommending solutions using existing implementation and open source tools available.
- Write code with exceptional design, follow good practices, develop application that are easily extensible, easy to read and maintain, write good documentation which assists other engineers follow through the logic without much help.
- 3-5 years of experience in SDLC
- Extensive knowledge in Java programming, Java/J2EE development experience using OOD principles
- Web Technologies including, but not limited to: HTML, CSS, JSP/Servlet, JDBC, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, AWS
- Unit testing frameworks: JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito
- PDF technologies: iText, RenderX, easyPDF
- XML/XML related technologies: xPath Saxon, JAXB etc.
- SQL and no-SQL databases
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and/or test driven methodologies
JOIN US AT HEALTHFUSION!
HealthFusion and its MediTouch cloud software suite is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc. MediTouch is comprised of a range of web-based software solutions for physicians, medical practices and billing services; including practice management and electronic health record (EHR) applications, patient portal, clearinghouse, interoperability and connectivity solutions. MediTouch EHR is designed for use on mobile tablets such as the iPad, and works on a Pure Cloud platform that is cross-compatible with traditional desktop and laptop devices. MediTouch EHR is Meaningful Use 2014 Certified and features an affordable subscription payment model. Our Health Maintenance population management system enables providers to prepare for the transition to value-based healthcare. To learn more, visit HealthFusion.com or follow HealthFusion on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Competitive Salary, 401k, Health, Dental & Vision